Thank You!

• 7 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hello All,

Just had results of my CT scans after finishing chemotherapy. Scans are clear at present Smiley – yippee (a lovely 65th birthday present last week)!  I’ve now been referred back to surgeon for reversal of ileostomy. It all feels very strange at the moment, I guess it might take some time to process all that’s happened in last few months.

Just want to say a how much this community has helped me with information and support to get through this. A big thank you to everyoneKissing heart.  Hopefully by hanging around on the forum I can help repay some of the debt.

Wishing everyone well on their journey.

Net77

• , that is brilliant news! Hope all goes well with the reversal as well. Take care

• Fantastic news and lovely to hear that you’ll be hanging around x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Great news  . So pleased to hear you are heading towards full recovery but it is really wonderful that your willing to stay and help out ! Very touching as that is good news for others who find themselves here !

Have a great evening .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you so much for your good wishes Gemmary. Having read your journey, I feel like a bit of a fraud – you’ve certainly had a rough 2 ½ years. I hope your breathing is much better now and the low anterior syndrome has eased, fingers crossed it will go completely. Take Care & look after yourself. Net77xx

• Thank you Kareno62. Great to see you’re still clear after 4 ½ years. You and Court reply to so many posts and are so helpful and welcoming to everyone, I really admire you. Thank you & take care. Net77XX

• Thank you for your kind words Court. How do you and Kareno62 manage to reply to so many posts – I’m in awe of you both!  Best wishes to you and your Mum – such an inspiring lady. Net77xx

• Thank you  I completely agree Karen is a lifeline here and privately I have already told Macmillan on more than one occasion how much I value her contributions . As a relative I can share the process My mum navigated but it is limited so when people step up to speak from experience it becomes very meaningful . Karen does this selflessly day in , day out and helps keeps this forum welcoming and informative. 
    The priority for me is to find a way to lessen the blow for people either the person going through it or the relatives trying to ensure they are providing the right support ! 
    It is always so good to see people offering that like yourself . I try my best to take note of who is willing and tag in where appropriate but I totally understand others need to put it behind them ,

It has become a busy forum so all help gratefully received. I used to be able to remember when people were having surgery etc and could ask how it went . But the busier it becomes I feel it slipping !

The more that share the better !

take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000