Immunotherapy

• 23 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Hi all, 

I have just had a phone call with my 1st scan results after 4 sessions of Nivolumab. I have had a positive response! The tumour on my duodenum has decreased in size and the lymph node involvement has improved! 

I am overjoyed, relieved and hopeful!

I have had no side effects apart from slightly raised liver ALT levels which are being monitored. I feel better in myself than I have for 18 months. 

I know I have a long way to go still but at last I have had some good news. 

Covid vaccine tomorrow and hopefully a phased return to work on 1 March, even though I may be working from home. 

Take care all and keep safe xx

• Hi Phoebe, 21, thank you for your reply. I went today for the mri on my liver. It seemed to goon for ever, it was with contrast. It’s this chemo nurse, I have never phoned her that often and I don’t feel like I want to. When I go on line to the Macmillan nurses they are so kind and explain things. I have another mri on Wednesday, this is a pelvic and rectum scan.I’m so glad you are feeling well. I wish you all the luck with this treatment .sending hugs xxx

• Hi phoebe, I’m 60 yrs old with endometrial stage 4, I had my chemotherapy but didn’t go well. So the oncologist offered me Nivolumb as last resort. I just had 1 last month and also I’m first patient to my oncologist to get this Nivolumb. I hardly got any side effects from this treatment. It looks like you had a good results with this treatment and I’m hoping for mine too. Best of luck and be safe. 

• Hi ,

Lovely to hear from you. I am so glad that you have been been given the opportunity to have Nivolumab. I must say I am very grateful to be having it.

I didn't do well on chemotherapy either. I had a very bad reaction to the 1st type I had, and then the 2nd lot had no effect at all. I am feeling hopeful for this treatment.

At the moment I am having fortnightly infusions, I have the 8th one on Tuesday. I am feeling really well and am able to carry on a normal life. I have an amazing appetite (Which I will have to watch a bit Grinning) and the only real side effects are I do feel a bit more tired and my mouth is a bit dry, which are easy to cope with. My liver enzymes were slightly raised but that seems to have sorted itself out.

I have just started back at work after being off 12 months. I could have gone back earlier as I was well enough, but I have had to shield as per the Covid guidelines. 

I really hope that this treatment works for you. The way I see it is it is very expensive treatment and the consultants must be hopeful it has a good chance or they wouldn't prescribe it.

Take care and have a happy and peaceful Easter weekend

xx

Phoebeb21