Immunotherapy

• 23 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Hi all, 

I have just had a phone call with my 1st scan results after 4 sessions of Nivolumab. I have had a positive response! The tumour on my duodenum has decreased in size and the lymph node involvement has improved! 

I am overjoyed, relieved and hopeful!

I have had no side effects apart from slightly raised liver ALT levels which are being monitored. I feel better in myself than I have for 18 months. 

I know I have a long way to go still but at last I have had some good news. 

Covid vaccine tomorrow and hopefully a phased return to work on 1 March, even though I may be working from home. 

Take care all and keep safe xx

•  Wow! Fabulous news  So happy for you!

I agree  with you, We are very lucky to be given this treatment.

My consultant called me today, he was on paternity leave when I had the results but he wanted to speak to me himself. The first words he said, after Hello was  "Good News"  to hear this was amazing!

Next scan mid May, hoping by then the word will be getting back to normal and we can all see family and friends.

Delighted for you @Moi 10, Thank you for letting us know ThumbsupKissing heart

Take care and keep safe.

Phoebeb21
  • Thank you Court and Kareo62.

• Thanks Phoebeb21. My oncologist was really pleased. I'm her first on immunotherapy she said she loves looking at my scan resultsThinking my next scan is May 17th. So let's hope we both have good scans. Stay positive and I pray for all of us who cancer has touched RoflRoflPray

• Thanks Court am over the moon 

• Hi Moi 10

I think my next scan will be around the same time, Are you still feeling well. I feel great, maybe just a bit tired.  My oncologist is very enthusiastic about this treatment. I am his first too on Nivolumab for bowel cancer.

Take care xxx

Phoebeb21
  • Oh Phoebe 21, fantastic news. So happy you feel better and things are going the right way. Sending hugs xx

• Yes Phoebeb21 I feel great, my itching is under control, as you I feel a little tired at times. 

Stay strong and positive and safeStuck out tongue winking eyeFingers crossedSparkling heart

• Thank you @Nelly1955.

How are you doing, have you hear any more yet?

Hope you are ok

Lots of love xxx

Phoebeb21
  • Hi Phoebe 21, I have a scan tomorrow, Sunday, for my liver, they have sent me scans and not told me that one was cancelled. Anyway I was supposed to have this one on the 18 th April, she phoned imaging and I got  in tomorrow. So I am pleased I haven’t got a month to wait before I go. I’m so pleased for you Phoebe , lovely news. X

• Hi Nelly1955,

Thank you so much, it's so nice to feel well, I do feel lucky that I am able to have this treatment.

I read about the muddle up with your appointment on another thread, but it's really good that they have managed to get you in for tomorrow. Scans are so worrying aren't they. I know I will be in a right panic when my next one is due.

I have my fingers crossed for you and I am very hopeful that it will be fatty liver that can be managed. My sister has had it a long time and it was probably from her diabetes.

Take care Nelly, I will be thinking about you

Lots of love xxx

Phoebeb21