Stomach pain.

• 31 replies
  • 85 subscribers

My wife has small bowel cancer and is getting a lot of pain round her stomach area.

She has not been prescribed any pain killers and paracetamol dont really work.

What tablets could she take?

The  last few days she has been getting up on a morning but within an hour she has to go back to bed.

She finished chemo on the 21st december but since then is always tired and energyless.

• Thankyou both for your help.

• My wife had results from a recent blood test and is anemic.The oncologist rang this afternoon and they are going to give my wife a blood transfusion as soon as they can.

The oncologist thinks this is causing her tiredness or she said the disease could be active.I didnt like that it sounds awful and i dont know what to think.

• Hi  

Some of the language they use can really cause alarm but chemo knocked my mum’s bloods right off . Hopefully the transfusion will sort her out and she will feel the benefit . We were told to expect some regrowth off chemo but given she has been scanned recently I would hold onto that .

Did they suggest better pain relief ?

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi Court.

The pain has subsided and it seems to tie in with when she either wants to go to the toilet or just been.

The oncologist rang out of the blue today and said she had noticed i had rang the department last week and she was concerned my wife was not enjoying her chemo break which is what you said.

They have brought forward her ct scan.

Thankyou Court

• My mum used to get that . I think the tumour gets a bit irritated. Or that was how I processed it ! It sounds as though she has a really good oncologist. Her phone call could not have come at a better time . Getting her blood infusion will give better insight as well .

My mum had a thing called tumour encapsulation . I think as it shrank it pulled . Very painful .

They will keep a close eye on her . My mum did have a bit of regrowth but not back to where it had been and she responded well again after a treatment break .

The oncologist phoned at the right time .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Sounds like your wife is being well looked after and hopefully her discomfort can be relieved x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • My wife had 2 units of blood today due to her anemia.

She is resting in bed now after a 7 hour transfusion.

She was in a different ward today and she said she learned a lot more today about the symptoms she was having.

Its amazing how being in a place you dont want to be can actually be quite enlightening.

• That’s great . Hope the information has helped her . Do they think it’s connected to her bloods ?

So glad she is home now resting . Sounds like a long day for her . Hope she feels the benefit of it very soon .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge