Second secondary cancer

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

My primary cancer was bowel cancer but a rare form. I had a lot of lymph node invasion (22 out of 31) which a year later led to a Stage 4 diagnosis of secondary lymph node cancer. My last PET scan also lit up my C7 vertebrae. A whole spine MRI followed and after reviewing both scans together my care team say I likely have bone metastasises in the cervical part of my spine. (Coincidentally I have an unrelated and unresolved but stable spinal cord compression at T12.)

I begin a course of radiotherapy next week to help manage my pain, which at times makes my left arm almost useless.

Have also had a good chat with my local hospice about pain management, including use of heat pads.

Anyone got any tips on managing bone cancer pain?

Thanks.

Maninbath

• Hi  

That's great to read that you've been able to have a chat with your local hospice about pain management and hopefully their advice will be able to help you.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

You might also want to post this question in both the bowel cancer and living with cancer forums, which I can see you've joined, as they are generally busier forums than this one.

I hope you're able to get on top of the pain soon.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Maninbath, I don't have any tips for bone cancer pain. Mine is in the very early stages and is causing no problems as yet. Im hoping to start treatment later this year. The staff at the hospice will have plenty of experience of pain management. 

Barbara