Waiting diagnosis secondary bone cancer

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hiya, 

I am petrified as I was told two weeks ago that my MRI scan was showing a suspicious 2cm lesion on my femur! It was a whole body MR up to my femur. I had a PET scan 6 days ago and still waiting to hear the results. I am so scared that I’m riddled as I have been experiencing pain in my tibia and fibula for some time now! 

I was diagnosed with early breast cancer in Feb 2021, , HR + ended up having two operations back to back to get clear margins with 2weeks of high dose radiation, no chemo. 

Can anyone give advice on how they are getting on with treatment? For example the drug cocktails and chemo? I’m really worried about the side effects and quality of life. 

Thank you Pray 

• Hi  

Waiting for results is a really horrible time and it's natural to fear the worst.

I'm not a member of this forum but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

You might also want to post this in the secondary breast cancer forum so that you connect directly with others whose breast cancer has spread. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there if this is something that you'd like to do.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrook, thank you very much for your reply and advice. I will update my profile as you suggest. X