Hi Phoenix58

• 12 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi Phonenix58. I would just like to introduce myself & tell you a little about me. I am currently 60 years old. Like many of you this journey has not been easy. In 2019 l was diagnosed with a particularly aggressive breast cancer. After the initial chemotherapy was unsuccessful, I was prescribed further chemotherapy & subsequently under went a mastectomy & radiotherapy. Lymph nodes were also removed as my cancer had spread to them.  All which had an a effect on my heart. Which lead to referral to cardiology. Fast forward 2022/2023. I'm still undergoing treatment but each blood test is showing extremely low blood counts. This has resulted in many scans & blood transfusions etc (we know the drill folks!). I'm now just over 5 stones, having started at 8 stones. I'm was noticing distinct deterioration & changes. So after all the tests l was recently informed l have secondary breast cancer in my bones. I don't know whether l was just trying to avoid the possibility, but l was completely shocked. Should have known something was up when a breast cancer nurse took me into my appt (that had been made as an emergency & remained). All of it is challenging, but one of the most challenging was how and when do l tell my 23 year daughter. She is an only child, so no sibling support. Eventually it was taken out of my hands. She had noted the intensity around hospital calls etc. Unfortunately although l could give her the facts it was worse than her fears.

Thank you if you have taken the time to read my story. I've noted that not many people respond on this forum and l fully understand why we are in a similar place of fear & sadly pain. However it has been a huge benefit to express where l am at in a forum where l know others will understand. I wish you all the very best