New here

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi everyone joining this group today as found out  my vulva cancer has spread to the bones. Got a tumour on hip bone that needs pinning asap to avoid fracture. Plan is do that then try chemo with cisplatin and fluorouracil latter on infusion pump to be given at home. Also having injection of denosumab. Feeling shocked and frightened.

Sue

• Hello suze99

I hope you do not mind me replying as I had a different type of cancer to you- mine was in my womb- however I saw you had not yet had a response -so am hoping this will bump your post back to the top.

I am really sorry that you have found out that your vulva cancer has spread to your bones. It is very understandable that you feel shocked and frightened. I hope that you are being given plenty of support from your CNS and hospital. Please do consider giving the Support Line a call if you feel talking things through with someone would help. The number is below and they are lovely on there.

I hope that your chemo goes to plan and that any side effects are manageable. I had chemo myself last year and although it was hard at times- it was doable and most of my side effects were controlled with medication. 

Hopefully someone who is facing a similar journey will now see your post and be able to offer more support. In the meantime if there is anything you need then please do ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm