Hi

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi my names Katie

I'm new to the site. I support my mum with secondary bone cancer. I have been struggling to come to understanding of everything. I was suggested to join to learn about it all. I wonder if anyone would like to chat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

• Hi Katie and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't have any personal experience with secondary bone cancer but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. While you're waiting you could have a read through some of the more recent posts to see if they answer any questions you might have. You might also find this information from Macmillan on secondary bone cancer useful.

Another thing you could do is ask specific questions giving your post a title that will catch the eye of someone who has had a similar experience. For example, if you want to know about the type of treatment your mum is having you could title your post something like "Looking for others who have experience of XYZ treatment" and then type your questions in the main body of the post.

Quite often if you join the cancer group for the primary cancer that your mum has you'll find lots of people who also have secondaries who can share their experiences with you. I can give you a direct link to that group if you tell me what type of primary cancer your mum has or you can look through this list and then join and post in the appropriate one.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could update your profile with the diagnosis and also the treatment that your mum is having as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile' and then 'amend' and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username. Don't forget to save it when you've finished editing, something I've been known to do before!

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• hi katie

sorry you find yourself on here, but please you have reached out for support. I have lung cancer with secondary bone cancer, I must say my primary lung cancer causes me less issues than the  secondary bone cancer. I have the bone cancer in my legs and I’m now finding it difficult to walk. I was very fit prior to my diagnosis 6 months ago and one of my hobbies was walking I have to lovely little dogs that at the moment I can’t walk. I have a targeted treatment for the bone cancer in the form of an injection every six weeks. The most difficult problem I have is the pain in my legs. I am copying with it as best I can I’m not giving up on being active a just accept I can’t do as much as I did.

im not sure how much help I can be to you, I am very happy to answer any questions you have, so ask away, even if you think the question is a bit personal I don’t mind sharing any information that might help you and your mum. In the meantime take care, please don’t suffer in silence if you need a chat a rant your just support please feel free to contact me 

Donna xxx