Secondary breast cancer in spine

• 3 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hello, 

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012 and treated with lumpectomy, chemo and radiotherapy. I came off tamoxifen after 5 years rather than 10 due to side effects. I wish I hadn't now! It is a real shock to be diagnosed with sacral cancer after being clear for so many years. I've had back pain for a long time though, which my GP was quite dismissive about, putting it down to general degeneration. Now I'm really frightened that this has been going on in the background for a number of years. I was only diagnosed this week, and have yet to see an oncologist. I just want to live to see my little granddaughters grow up. I feel that my heart is breaking. 

• Hi carrotmuncher, I sorry to read about your problems, your GPs response is quite tipial, I have prostate Cancer which has spread to my, lymph nodes, other soft tissues in my stomach and extensively to my bones, I was beginning treatment for water infection, got a different GP same practice, he referred my straight away, but to late as it had spread.

Please discuss your concerns with Macmillan, they will help you, they helped me, I wish I could give you a hug.

All the best Ulls

• Thank you, I will call Macmillan. Floundering a bit at the moment, still reeling from the shock. All the best to you. 

• Hi carrotmuncher just because we have cancer in our bones does not mean we have a drastically shortened life expectancy, my urologists said 6 to 24 month's, oncologist said I would live much longer, proof of this is on the prostate group as guys are living over 15 years, if you want to se my journey so far read my profile, the little cups beside my name.

All the best Ulls