Simply - help!

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. My husband was diagnosed with secondary bone metastases that are extensive - mass at T4 , length of spine, ribs(with microfractures in) along with secondary liver cancer and also in lymph nodes in chest and abdomen.. He was only diagnosed on Dec 3rd and since that ended up in hospital for 3 weeks due to very high potassium( due to diuretics as he has cirrhosis of the liver diagnosed 2.5 years ago), aspitarion pneumonia and severe hepatic encephalopathy. they said he was lucky to pull through. He was due to go for biopsy via throat camera but after discussion withe the staff at the hospital decided he is too sleepy for it. So now we can't find out the primary source at the moment. He is very tired and everything is a struggle - mainly due to severe oedema in legs so mobility isn't great and he is so tired he can't think well.He doesn't sleep more than 2-3 hours then up for toilet so no solid sleep. As his wife it is so hard to watch and deal with particularly as we are so traumatised from the previous bout of hepatic encephalopathy. I hace also posted in the carers forum but if anyone can give me information or advice re 2extensive bone metastases" I would be highly appreciative. Thank you for reading this far.

• Hi 

I don't have any experience with extensive bone metastases but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll hopefully be seen by someone who has experience with this.

You could also try changing the title of your post from "simply - help!" to something like "experiences with extensive bone mets needed" to catch the eye of someone with these symptoms.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"