Post op Chondrosarcoma

• 23 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Just wanted to reach out and say hello. I was diagnosed with chondrosarcoma last October and in January this year had a Proximal femoral replacement and am now in recovery and rehabilitation.  Wondering if there is anyone else in the community going through similar challenges.

Thank you for reading my message

• Hi jingles29, I lived with my hip pain for over a year thinking it was arthritis. Please go and get the scans/x-rays asap....please God it's nothing sinister but if it is the sooner you can get treatment obviously the better, you can't just leave it , please go have the scans and let us know how you get on xx

• Thank you , I definitely will do that . I will let u k ow how it goes xx

• Hi jingles29, my arm had been giving me trouble for a few years, the pain used to move around from my upper. Arm then to my elbow and sometimes my lower arm.

I also had physio thinking it was tendernitis but it never had much affect on it and in the end it was a permanent ache which I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from, I was taking paracetamol and ibuprofen to keep it at bay and resting it didn't seem to make it any better  it also always seemed worse at night when trying to sleep.

Get those xrays done and if the Dr won't send you for them go to A&E with the pain and they should do the xrays there and then, I hope it's not bad news and I wish you all the very best, Dave