O.A.B (Over Active Bladder)

• 5 replies
  • 69 subscribers

O.A.B does any one else suffer with this? and how do you cope with it? I am having my bladder removed as I have a invasive cancer in the wall of my bladder, will this cure the O.A.B?

• Hi  and welcome to the group. OAB or frequent urination is common with BC and can be really depressing and annoying. The main thing is not to fall in to the trap of not drinking thinking this will help. It has an adverse effect on the bladder. You need to keep drinking plenty of water even though this sounds like a contradiction.  Not had cystectomy myself but others should be along to share experiences of life without a bladder. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thanks for your reply Rily

• Hi Tommy D,Welcome to the group.I had many years of overactive bladder before cancer.My bladder was removed in 2019 and all the symptoms went.I used to find that certain foods made the bladder more irritated.Onions and tomatoes caused the most pain and anything citrus.I’d always been told to drink Cranberry juice but that was too acidic,pear juice was more soothing.There is plenty of support and advice on here and a few of us have been through bladder removal.Best wishes Jane 

• My consultant has given me two drugs for my OAB, one to relax the muscle wall of the bladder, the other to relax the postate itself. They take time to work, but I am starting to see them work.

• Hi Leo,I’m glad you are starting to see an improvement.They didn’t have these kind of drugs when I first had Interstitial cystitis.Jane x