Feeling low today

• 23 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi all, 

feeling very low today, back pain and chest pain and my first thought is the cancer has spread, 

im trying to put on a brave face for my wife but today is a struggle. Come home from work early, 

cant concentrate on anything. What if they get rid of it and it comes back… it’s horrible feeling like this.

• I was just told to have a normal balanced diet, preferably Mediterranean with lots of colour. The healthier  and fitter you are helps the body to cope better with all that is thrown at it. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thank you Rily, I’m not a fan of fruit and veg but I will make sure I incorporate them into my diet from now on.. 

nigel

• should I start walking as a form of exercise. 
    nigel

• Hi Nigel, i used to snack on crisps and biscuits and the pounds piled on. My GP told me to watch the snack intake as i was becoming pre diabetic ! My sisters have diabetes !! It gave me the kick up the rear i needed to give up sugary snacks. The rest of my diet was healthy, but i was ruining all the good work with snacking. All stopped now and bloods results are better, its amazing. I havent heard of any diet change for our diagnosis. I am sure folk on here will let us know 

much love Angela

Much love Angela x

• Angela, I sit in a taxi all day, coffee, fizzy drinks sweets crisps chocolate and pre made sandwiches are what I’ve been eating, I used to be fit enough to run marathon’s. , I need to get back to fitness now for obvious reasons. 

thank you so much everyone, I’m feeling better..

I know I’ve only been here for two days but you have made a difference.

Nigel

• Rob, you may find this link useful…www.wcrf-uk.org/.../

• Thank you Leo, that’s just what I need.

Nigel

• Rob, I know exactly how you feel about diagnosis. I felt exactly the same in Nov 23.  But it does get better as the NHS swings into action and you work towards a treatment plan, trust me I know. In the meantime we are all in the same boat trying to support each other in any way we can on the forum.

Oddly, I had just started out on a health regime before I was diagnosed, and one big thing was cutting out alcohol, which I am still doing. I am trying to take every small step I can to improve my health for this already arduous journey. Admittedly I have failed to cut out cake and chocolate, so more work to be done Heavy check mark️ 

atb

Leo

• Hi Rob, 

Stay strong. 

I was also devastated when the doc told me post biopsy that it was cancer. So wait till the final reports. 

I had the small tumor removed in October 2022. Have had BCG since then and had to stop in August 2023 due to unbearable pain while passing urine. My bladder had inflammation and had shrunk in size. They found that out only post Cystoscopy in October 2023. 

I had a Cystoscopy just last Saturday but with complications had to be in hospital till Thursday. They cleared the clots which was the culprit. But I am in good hands and the doctors have been very attentive. 

Don't mean to scare you with my experience. But you need to  be prepared for every thing. Staying positive will help you the best. 

My prayers for a speedy recovery and Lord Ganesha will be with you. 

Cheers

Sunny7369

India

• My on-the-go go to's are organic Houmous with organic carrot sticks and or vegetable crisps to scoop it up with. Very satisfying so should help to lower the sugar cravings with time. Bigger supermarkets have the organic houmous and the organic carrots. You can cut them up at home and pop into a plastic box or bag or a glass jar if you prefer. [Some plastic isn't ideal for health]. You can try celery and or cucumber or small lettuce leaves too. And cherry tomatoes on the side. If you get hungry on that, oatcakes are a great healthy snack and can also be got as organic from the main brand in some shops.

Robinson's Lemon Barley Water, properly diluted, is great for bladder health.