Muscle invasive Bladder Cancer.

• 12 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hello, I have been diagnosed with muscle invasive Bladder Cancer and am making a decision on whether to have RT or bladder and Prostate removal. Has anyone had experience with either treatment to help me decide which way to go?

• Hi,

I had an RC 7 years ago. I decided to have a stoma rather than a neo bladder and by and large I've had no problems. I was in hospital for seven days, although In had three rounds of chemo prior to the op. You do have to make adjustments, but by and large things have been fine.

It doesn't matter where you go, there you are
  • Hi Rig,

I had a similar treatment as described by Rily. My cancer was diagnosed as Small Cell Neuroendicrine bladder cancer with a 65mm tumour. My Oncology "numbers" were T4N1M0. My urologist worked with Oncology to treat my bladder rather than remove (that's kept as a future treatment in the event of bleeding/pain management, certainly unfortunately not a curative treatment).

Following on from the chemo, chemoradiation and radiotherapy, I have had bilateral nephrostomy fitted, so most of the urine doesn't reach my bladder, but is diverted to external bags (which I wear hidden under my clothes).

Hope this information help.

Keep on keeping on.