Journey of bladder cancer

• 5 replies
  • 68 subscribers

3 weeks of finding out tumor on bladder been there 16months Pensive

• How come it's taken that long 

• Bladder cancer is often a last consideration rather than first, with urinary problems. With hindsight, mine was initially picked up at some routine urine tests, but I wasn't referred until more serious signs a good 3 - 4 months later. Speed of growth varies, so not always quite the urgency that we, as patients, feel is necessary.

• Yes mine kept getting cancelled until I mentioned it to my doctor that was in March just had my turbt yesterday where they removed 3 tumour s I initially went for a diabetes test where they found blood in urine I asked nurse should I see doctor she said why it could be an infection so I bought my own tests and then made the appointment with the doctor it was supposed to be the 2 week rule but they kept cancelling my doctor was mad he wrote to them and by the time I got home I had an appointment 

• I've had vin3 for 3 years and high grade hpv. Pains could not explain. So after scans etc they thought they found poly pip. I was then called for another camera to bladder where they found 1.5mm tumor then to find out its been there for 16months. Now I'm awaiting op but just left with my thought's.. thanks for your reply x

• Hi MoonNik,Welcome to this friendly group.I hope you will find it helpful.Best wishes Jane