Bcg

• 15 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi all , had my results yesterday, not what I was hoping for so my tumour was a T1mid-high grade , I now have to have another TURBT and when that is settled down I am starting on BCG treatment. I’m finding it a bit overwhelming atm but any advice you guys can give me will be much appreciated. Advice mainly on the actual treatment , did anyone have really bad side effects? Did anyone persevere for the whole 3 years? If so  how are you all doing now . Thanks for reading this  and I hope it’s not insensitive to ask best wishes Nelbell 

• Certainly is Caxton. Maybe check out electro-magnetic frequency [emf] pollution. Anyway it sounds as though he has a lifestyle that will help him deal with it as well as possible. 

Denby

• Hi,

I was diagnosed with Carcinoma in Situ in April 2019, starting my BCG treatment in May 2019.  I have never smoked or worked in the chemical industry, so the only likely cause was being male.  I had 6 initial treatments followed by another 3 treatments every 6 months for the full 3 year program, a total of 24 treatments.  My treatments would take place at 13:00 on a Wednesday,  I would then be driven home to lie on the sofa for the remainder of the 2 hour timeframe.  There were only a couple of occasions when i was unable to hold the treatment in for the 2 full hours.  To manage the pain I used codeine and ibruprofen, and drank plenty of water.. In order to help pass the expected blood clots, I found that drinking water whilst sat on the toilet, and the gulping process it created,  helped pass the clots a bit easier.  It definitely wasn't pain free, but was manageable.I continued to work throughout my treatment, often starting to work again on the Thursday morning.  I am also a keen runner and cyclist, and was able to continue my exercise by the weekend.  I hope your treatment is successful, and best wishes for the future.

Ian

• Thanks for your supportive replies Denby.

• Thanks Ian, 

I'll pass on all your helpful advice to my husband, it was really appreciated. Also interesting how you are also a non-smoker too!

I hope the treatment worked for you and you are enjoying your exercise.

Best wishes

Carole

• Hi Caxton,Welcome to the group.I hope you find it helpful.Best wishes Jane