Increased pain

• 5 replies
  • 9 subscribers

I was meant to start cycle 6 of 8 last week chemo and immunotherapy for bile duct cancer. But the consultant has delayed it until after I see him tomorrow with the results of a CT scan taken 6wks ago!  They still weren't back when I spoke to someone on Fri.

I am naturally fearful of the out come as over the last week the pain in my abdomin has increased so that it is constant and unbearable without oromorph in the evening and night.

Has anyone else had good results from their mid cycle CT scan. Even though they have pain ?

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I'm hoping your appointment went well and that your consultant has been able to help with the pain you're experiencing.

Wishing you all the best

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• For the first time today I have accessed the comments section on this site and this group and found your post.  My partner never became well enough for any treatment apart from having a stent put in his bile duct to alleviate a tumour blocking it so I have no understanding of the chemotherapy process.  Nevertheless I wanted to acknowledge your post and say that I hope your pain is being appropriately managed.  Your situation sounds really tough - chemotherapy is hard on the body and managing pain additionally is tougher.  I hope you are okay and have the right support around you.

• Hi how are you getting on? How is the pain?  My mum has had increased pain the last few weeks. Xx  

• Hi JK90

Just met with the consultant today who has confirmed that the tumour around my aorta had grown and I have a new lesion on my Liver.

So although the first ct scan on19th May showed hope, we now have gone back a few steps.  However, 8wks prior to 1st scan I had managed 4 cycles of treatment but only 1.5 cycles in the next 8weeks before the 2nd Ct.  It was decided that the increased size is probably what is causing all my pain  and because the treatment were not achieving the resulta we hoped for, we are going to zap the large tumour with radiotherapy.  Biopsy the liver lesion and genotype it.  With a bit of luck from that I will then be able to have targeted treatment.  Still amlong way to go.

Pain is mostly managble but as there are many nerve endings in there it's increased size is touching on more of them hence the increased pain. 

Sorry it's not more hopeful news for you and your mum.  Slow release morphine and oramorph is what is keeping things mostly manageable.  

• I'm sorry it's not good news for you but ots good news about the radiotherapy and there is more treatment for you. My mum's currently in the hospital getting a CT scan today to see what's happening xx