Low grade chemo

• 4 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi,

My dad went for his prognosis yesterday and the consultant told him he could only have low grade chemo.  He is now considering not having it at all as he's worried it will ruin the quality of life he has.  Has anyone got any advice on this please?

• Hi  

The decision on chemotherapy or not is often a difficult one. I can only guess how your dad might feel when the chemotherapy is described as low grade too.

It may be worth him talking with his nurse to help him decide. Of course at the end of the day nobody will know the part not taken and so when he is happy to make the decision it will be the right one from him.

How are you keeping, it can be very difficult dealing with out own emotions at a time like this, you might like to have a look at our Family and friends forum to get some support for you and remember you are always welcome to ring the helpline too.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• That's exactly the position my dad is in.  How old is your dad?

• Hi Steve

I'm really struggling - feel like I'm living in hell and it will never get any better!

• hI again

It might help you to talk to one of our telephone team, just ring 0808 808 00 00 (open 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm.). They are really wonderful people whom I have cried at in the past and so very patient. 

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge