Nausea and vomiting

• 4 replies
  • 7 subscribers

My lovely mam was diagnosed with bile duct cancer in September. They tried several times to insert a stent but were unsuccessful due to blockage. They inserted a drain which helped initially but then the bag stayed empty so consultant removed it. Initially all was fine but then mam began feeling nauseous and has suffered bouts of violent sickness. Even taking anti nausea tablets and steroids she is still vomiting. She has been so positive, even coming out shopping once a week. This has really knocked her. The Dr says she must keep taking the tablets, we’re really hoping they’ll do the trick again. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read how poorly your mam is feeling at the moment.

Although I don't have the experience you're looking for, I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your mam's diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi. My mum is the exact same she's been on so many anti sickness but she's still being sick and feeling sick.  She's getting chemo and the doctors seemed to think it was the chemo but she sick before she started it. How's your mum doing? Is she getting treatment? What symptoms brought about the stent?  My mum was diagnosed December with terminal as its spread. 

• Hi my mam was very jaundiced which was an indication that bile was building up and unable to drain away hence the need for a stent which would have been brilliant but unfortunately they were unable to get one in. She is quite poorly at the moment due to sickness and constipation. We have requested an injection of anti sickness meds as tablets don’t seem to work. Fingers crossed she will get this and give her some relief. I hope your mum gets her sickness sorted too.

• Thanks. How is she coping ? Is she on any treatment? What do they think is causing the sickness?