Tumour in my bile duct

• 1 reply
  • 7 subscribers

Hi all

I'm new here, and I'm waiting waiting waiting it seems to be told whether or not the tumour in my bile duct is benign or not.  

I became ill suddenly in April and after many years they discovered I had large stones in my gallbladder and my bile duct was blocked.  They did an ERCP to insert a stent but they didn't have the facilities to do a biopsy only a "brushing" sample.  I unfortunately succumbed to necrotising pancreatitis and spent the next 3 and half weeks in hospital on IV antibiotics and morphine... 

I then had to wait for an appointment at another hospital to get a biopsy done but ended up in hospital again with another infection.  Eventually got out and got the Spyglass endoscopy along with a replacement stent done but the 2 week diagnosis window has gone, now they won't tell me until after they've had my next CT scan and head an MDT meeting.... Has anyone else had long waits like this? 

During this time I've also lost over 5 stone (70 pounds, 32kg) without trying... Is this usual?

Thanks for reading.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Waiting for the results of a biopsy can be a very stressful time but hopefully you don't have too much longer to wait.

I'm not a member of this group, so I don't know if your weight loss is unusual or not, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for others to see.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a benign result x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"