Cholangiocarcinoma and jaundice

• 1 reply
  • 7 subscribers

My wife got her diagnosis 2 weeks ago. Her tumour in the liver is large 9cm and she has another tumour in her portal vein and clots as well. The cancer has soreqd to her spleen and lungs too and they have said it is inoperable and chemo will only add weeks to her prognosis. This is all very shocking news and we are still coming to terms with it all. What I wanted to ask was at what stage will she need palliative care? She has become jaunidiced this week and feeling more tired. But does the jaunidice mean she should be treated in hospital? We are trying to avoid her going in and wasting her remaining time there. It is not causing her any pain currently. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I have no experience with jaundice or palliative care but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. I do know that if you get new or worsening symptoms then you should seek advice from your hospital team. Has your wife spoken to someone in her team since you posted this?

As you know the online community is divided up into different support groups so you might find it helpful to join the supporting someone with incurable cancer group where you can ask your question about palliative care. 

If this is something that you'd like to do just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there where you can then join and post in the same way as you did here. You can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be good if you could pop something about your wife's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"