Bile duct Drainage question

• 1 reply
  • 7 subscribers

Hello, recently my dad has had an external drainage of a bile duct with the bag. He had this done Friday and it seems to be working however he seems to be feeling worse and is more weak.

has anyone had this experience themselves and is it a case of getting worse before getting better? Or could it be the anti biotic?

I am very worried so would really appreciate any input x

• Hi

I'm sorry to read that although your dad's drain seems to be working he is feeling worse and becoming weaker. I don't have any experience with this type of cancer but I do know that if you or your dad are worried about anything then you should get in touch with his hospital team as soon as possible so that they can assess him.

It would be great if you could pop something about your dad's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope in the 3 days since you posted this message he has improved and is feeling more comfortable.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"