New - Hi

• 3 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi

New to all this.

Had a colonoscopy on Friday where the surgeon confirmed a malignancy. 

It's a difficulty placed tumour and crosses two different cell types so biopsy will confirm which type. 

I am now waiting on an MRI.

I live on a small remote island so all treatments and tests are off island so raises its own challenges with weather and  I also have 2 young boys with no support here.

So I'm all a bit at sea right now...know I have cancer but little other information and that's the hard bit as I am a big picture kind of girl.

• Hello Biky

A warm welcome to the forum, although I am really sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  And I am taken aback at the challenges facing you.  It is really hard waiting whilst all the exploratory scans are being done to establish exactly what is going on, hopefully you won't have to wait too long before your treating team come up with a treatment plan.

I am also sorry that you have no support, that must make things really difficult for you right now.  Do you have any family who could step up to help you?  Your post made me realise how lucky most of us are and I am wondering how you can get help during your hospital visits.  It is difficult for me to make any useful suggestions as until you know more about the treatment you need it is difficult for you to make plans.  It is a great pity that we can't offer practical help but are here at any time to offer support at any time.

Please let us know how you get on - once you know what you are dealing with and the treatment starts life starts to look a little bit better.

Sending a big hug.

Irene xx 

• Welcome Biky, I am sorry you have the need to join this group but hopefully we can give you some good tips on managing the treatment journey. It certainly seems like you are going to have some challenges with where you live. Hopefully your hospital are able to advise you on this. Please keep in touch

• Hi  ,

Welcome to our little corner of the Macmillan Online Community although I’m really sorry to hear of your very recent diagnosis. You’ll definitely be facing a lot of challenges in regards of your treatments etc., & although we may not be able to help with this we will be here to virtually support you however we can once you’ve received your definitive diagnosis. Once you get all of the information from your Dr’s you’ll know what you’re facing & hopefully be able to begin making a plan of action. Please just let us know if there’s anything we can help with. 

Nicola