Rectal Cancer

• 4 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hi All. Wishing you all the best health you can have. My husband has had chemo and radio for rectal cancer, we're now awaiting a date for an op to remove what's left and fit a stoma. Is this the right forum to get experience of such op recovety and stoma and such? Thanks ShD

• Hi  ,

Welcome to the Macmillan online community although I’m so sorry to hear of your husbands diagnosis. 

We have a group within the online community that’s dedicated to supporting people that have had to face getting a stoma or the like. Ileostomy, colostomy and stoma support  if you follow this link it should take you directly there where you can join the way you did here. Hopefully you’ll find lots of support, advice & hints & tips there. I hope your husbands surgery is scheduled soon & he has a speedy recovery. 

Nicola 

• Many thanks, Nicola

• Hi again  , 

Apologies, I’ve just re-read your original post & realise it’s possibly not just the stoma surgery you were enquiring about! Will the surgery your husband is facing (aside from the stoma surgery) be localised or is he facing APR surgery? If it’s APR surgery he’s facing we’ve a few members here that have been through this surgery & have stayed on the forum throughout their recovery so there’s information here should you need it. 

Nicola 

• Hi Nicola

I'm not sure what APR is, so i don't think he'll be having that. Thank you for letting me know.

Thanks