Just saying hello

• 4 replies
  • 57 subscribers

I've been hovering on the sidelines for a while. Finally plucked up the courage to say 'hello'......

• Hi  & welcome to the Macmillan online community although I’m really sorry that you’ve had the need to find us.

We’re here to help & support you however we can should you need support even if that just means lending a listening ear. 

As you’re probably already aware we have many people here at all different stages of diagnosis, treatment & recovery, personally I’ve just passed the 5 year surveillance mark & was discharged & declared ‘cured’ on the 6th of this month. 

Please let us know if there’s anything we can help you with, we’re a friendly open minded bunch, or just feel free to write a bit about yourself & your journey so far. 

Nicola 

• Hi, and thanks for the welcome

• Hi Birdie!

We don't require courage. We're all super easy here. I"m sorry you have to be too, but this is the right place to be if you've got anal cancer. Come on in and sit for a spell! We've got super comfy cushions in here!

Suz

• Hello Birdie

Welcome, and if you have been hovering on the sidelines you will be well aware that nothing is off-limits for discussion here.  We know more than anyone about the practical effects of this cancer and its treatment and nothing rings truer here than the saying 'a trouble shared is a trouble halved'.  Maybe not halved but you get the gist!

If there is anything you would like to share, or even have a bit of a rant, we can lend a listening ear.

Irene xx