• 4 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi, I'm new to the group, I was diagnosed with anal cancer Christmas 2020, I now have a stoma bag, Christmas 2021 it spread to my liver, in February of this year I had half my liver removed

• Hi Rob really sorry it has spread, was there any signs of spread  when you was first diagnosed with anal cancer, my pet ct scan showed no spread, but always a worry that it could!!

• So sorry you are here with a diagnosis that none of us welcome.  I sincerely hope that having the liver op has removed the cancer, some spread to the liver is difficult because it may be next to a major artery but your team must have been hopeful to eradicate this.  How are you now?

• Hi ,

Firstly welcome to the Macmillan online community although I’m really sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I’m also so sorry to hear of your liver issues. You’ve had a couple of big surgeries in the space of a year , how you feeling? I really hope that your liver surgery has resolved the issue of the spread & you’re doing ok.

We have lots of members here that have been diagnosed with anal cancer at all different stages, some have had to have stomas & other surgeries due to mets, there’s always people here that can relate to what you’re going through. We’re here to support you if you need us to & it’s a good, safe place if you just need to sound off about anything too. 

Nicola 

• Hi   and a warm welcome to our group. I’m very sorry to hear of all you’re going through. As  has said, there’s several other people on here who have had differing diagnoses and various surgeries who can share their experiences.  I hope you also have the support of family and friends to help you through this. Let us know if you have any questions or other queries. Bev.