Newly diagnosed

• 3 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi everyone 

im new here, i had an endoscopy and colonoscopy in August 21 due to stomach issues and they incidentally found cancer cells. Ive had MRIs and a CT scan last month. I saw an oncologist just over a week ago and surgeon yesterday. Both examined me, referred to the scans and advised it’s an established anal cancer tumour in my canal but as it’s a incidental find need more biopies and then I can start treatment of chemo radio therapy. I have a pre op tomorrow in preparation for the biopies. Has anyone had a similar journey?

• Hi ,

Firstly I’d like to offer you a warm welcome to our group although I’m really sorry that you’ve had the need to find us. 

There are many of us here with lots of different initial presentations of our anal cancers. Mine presented as a external polyp & what was thought to be an internal ulcer, if you click on my username you can read a little about my journey there. I had a local resection & chemoradiotherapy & I’m 3 years & 4 months post treatment with no evidence of disease (NED) & I’m doing well. 

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow & please if you have any questions at all don’t hesitate to ask there’s always someone around & we have an abundance of hints & tips on getting through treatment etc.

Nicola 

• Thanks for such a warm welcome and the reassurance. Slight smile

• Hi  and welcome to the group. As  has said we have a lot of experience between us all on here so feel free to ask any questions you have. If you click on my username you can read about my experience of cancer. I was a Stage 2 and underwent chemo radiation. Hope it goes ok tomorrow, I remember my blood pressure was through the roof at my pre-op due to stress! Bev.