End of treatment yesterday

• 4 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hello

i I finished my treatment yesterday and my radiation cystitis has kicked back in. Also the burns to my groin are awful and painful. 

I am due to go away in 3 weeks abroad, did anyone fly after treatment? Were you ok and manage? Did you need any clearance from dr 

• Hi AsLu

Congrats for finishing your treatment!!! Huzzah!

I myself was unfit for travel for several months after treatment finished. I even avoided car rides of more than an hour for quite a while.

But that's me. Everybody's different, and if you're up to it, I hope you have a marvelous time!

Hugs

Suz

• Hi I finished treatment Sept last year I didn't travel until April this year but I eas pk by November last year and could have travelled then but we ate all different.t I travel solo so that's more difficult if your travelling with someone.e I imagine it's not an bad someone.e to share the load 

E

• Hi, 

im 8 weeks post treatment , hoping to fly next week .. my oncologist said flying was fine .. I still have side effects but will manage them as best I can ..

hope you not in too much pain ?

chrissie xx

• Hello again AsLu24

The most travelling I did was from my chair to the loo!  I found sitting very difficult as I still had lots of sores, but if you are feeling better do go well prepared with some sort of cushion and be near a loo - bowels can be a bit erratic in the early days.  I hope you recover enough to enjoy your trip!

Irene xx