Treatment Completed

• 24 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi guys,

I hope you’re all doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances. My treatment ended yesterday, I was so relieved, this forum has helped me lots with all your tips and advice, I am very grateful for that.The sitz bath has definitely been my best purchase. I am currently finding weeing very painful, I wee into tepid water which certainly helps and I know that if I drink lots the pain eases too. 
I’m not really taking much pain relief but I have it if I need it as I understand that my symptoms may get worse before they get better, I certainly get extremely tired. I missed some of my chemo tablets as my platelet levels were low for a short time during my treatment, I’m hoping this doesn’t affect the end result. 
Take care everyone, whatever stage you are at, if I can do this anyone can.

Kindest regards, Adele. Xxx

• Fantastic news Adele, well done.

Just try to be gentle with yourself, and treat your body kindly. Soon you will start to heal. 

What a great day. I wish you health and recovery.Hugging

Keep posting as you get better, it is supportive and really helpful to everyone.

• Great news just remember it does t last forever I'd say 3 weeks then itstarts getting better focus on that take care xx

• Well done Adele !!! The next few weeks are all about recovery so be sure to take good care of yourself and plenty of rest x

• Adele

i know that the relief is absolutely overwhelming when treatment ends, and so well done for getting through this.  And please don't be a hero if you need pain relief, I had it by the bucket load at the end of treatment as the sores were really painful, as was opening my bowels.  If you do take any of the opioids just remember they cause constipation so take Laxido or similar at the same time. 

It is all behind you now - literally!

Irene xx

• Well done Adele , take it steady over the next few weeks , rest when you can and yes the sitz bath is the best thing especially over the next few weeks . 
    Chrissie xx

• Hi Adele

Great milestone to get past - I am 10 days ahead and was truly shocked how much pain relief I needed. And had to manage myself with strict timings or the pain got worse. My pain was and still is front to back 24 hours a day and really only gget it under control when starting slow release morphine with oramorph, paracetamol and ibuprofen and every other day a mild laxative.  I have hardly eaten except soft pasta and biscuits as felt so sick with pain.

There is little evidence based guidance for this part from a medics point of view and each of us are different.  I have a high pain threshold but was screaming from the bathroom day and night and the thought of you coping with no meds is beyond me x 

What ever your reason work something out with your team as their job is to keep your pain at bay And we don’t need anyone hurting when they don’t need to - good luck x Angie x 

• Great news , congrats for getting through the treatments 

I have 7 treatments left and have started to use the sitz bath daily to cleanse it really does give a few moments of relief 

hope your next few weeks recovery are ok x

• Hello Mrs Vanilla

Thank you for replying to me, that’s very thoughtful of you, I hope you are now in good health, take care. Xxx

• Good morning Weekend Walker,

Thank you for posting, I have found your previous posts have been very helpful to me. Kindest regards. Xxx

• Hi Georgie, 

Thank you for your post, I hope you are all recovered now. Best wishes xxx