Treatment - Week 3 completed

• 9 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Another week done

Started week 3 feeling good , the nausea then decided to come back so Im back on the anti sickness which are helping but not totally as someone bought me a cream cake and the look of it made me Nauseated face Also feeling very tired and apart from getting myself to treatment everyday Im not really getting much done ….which Im learning to accept, I had my nurse check in on Friday who reminded me this treatment is hard but I will get through it.

This weekend I have rested and watched way too much olympics. 

hugs to anyone not feeling great , I keep telling myself hopefully tomorrow is a good day Fingers crossed

Emma x

• Hi there  , 

You’re well past the halfway mark now & it sounds as though the fatigue has kicked in, it was around this time that it kicked in with me too maybe a few days later. I’d been functioning pretty well up until that point but once the fatigue took hold I literally had no other choice but to rest, I would have a shower in the morning, have some breakfast, rest in between breakfast & lunch, get some lunch, go for my treatment appointment, come home & rest a bit more then I’d be in bed by 9pm! This won’t be forever but it doesn’t feel that way at the time does it? 

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. 

Nicola 

• You are doing really well Emz .. I was constantly asking for advice on here .. each day seemed a different challenge but slowly things get better … 

Take care 

Chrissie xx

• Since the Olympics are so perfectly timed to distract you a little, I say take advantage of them and never feel as if you've rested 'too much' right now.

You're more than halfway!

Hugs

Suz

• Yes, it was the only time in my life I needed two snooozes in the day!

• Emma

You are doing so well, don't try and do anything when you feel fatigued - by the end of week three I used to get home and go to bed!  And watch as much television as you want, I used to play games on my laptop to distract me.  When I was through the other side, I deleted them all when I worked out how many hours I had wasted!

Big hug

Irene xx

• Well done Emma! Rest is the best thing for you, my husband totally took over all the duties at home while I was in treatment and recovering. Hopefully you’ve got plenty of support at home too - bit housework can definitely wait!! 

Hope you have a good week xx

• I decided to watch something that I didn't have to think too hard about, Also it had to not be sad and have no dying in it! It also had to be different enough that I woudn't keep coming across it in my daily TV watching life if I ever recovered.

I chose 'Benidorm'!

• I love Benidorm , the series and place Grinning

I have downloaded schitts creek ( no pun intended) it was recommended as being abit daft and an easy watch currently on series 2 

• There should be a laughing emoji in the react flag!