Radiation Inflammation and burns

• 16 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi guys

I have reached week 4 and I am struggling, the nausea has been bad most days but worst of all is the burns, not on my anus where I was expecting them but on the lower part of my vagina area. I have a few little sores and blisters and bleed when I go the toilet. Some days I feel like I wee hot water and it burns so bad. 
I’ve taken so much pain relief I’m scared of overdosing one day!! Im not getting much sleep. 
everyday is a chore SobSob

they gave me Medihoney cream and I’ve got morphine gel. 

they say it will get worse but I can’t imagine this getting any worse than it is now… 

• Hi sorry to hear your really suffering but the cream does help and a sitz bath is good fof weeing in the only consolation is keep putting the cream on and taking pain killers xx it doesn't last for ever and will get better 

• Thank you, the end is in sight thank the lord! It’s been a tough ride so far. 
    I just wasn’t expecting anything on my vagina area to be honest. I’d rather it was on my anus. GrimacingGrimacing

• Hello AsLu24

I am so sorry you are in such pain; my husband made a daily chart with timings for all my meds and ticked them off when I had them so there was no chance of overdosing.  Please talk to your treating team if the pain is too much, am I right in thinking the morphine gel is applied directly to the burns?  What other pain relief have they given you?  I was on Oramorph syrup and morphine slow-release tablets, codeine tablets and paracetamol (hence the chart!)

The end really is in sight, but please do talk to your team, they should help.

Let us know how you get on - sending a gentle healing hug.

Irene xx

• I Spoke with them yesterday and they have gave me some oxycodone that I’ve just started taking today. Hopefully that will help, 

I’ve been taking paracetamol, ibuprofen, codiene 60mg and the morphine gel. Didn’t seem to be doing much so I told them yesterday.

The oramorph made me sick so I avoid that now 

bit apprehensive taking the oxy cos it’s addictive but needs must I suppose. 

• Oramorph isn't addictive if you are taking it for extreme pain.  I came off it three weeks after treatment ended because it caused constipation and although I was told to reduce the dose slowly I came off it immediately because the constipation was worse than the pain! But if it makes you sick, talk to your team.  And come to think of it, I may have been on Oxycodone as well.  But this just illustrates how over time, you maybe don't forget, but what you are going through right now will fade.  Honestly!

Irene xx

• Another sleepless painful night, I honestly can’t deal with this every day it’s just too much now. 
    The oxyxodone didn’t help so either so I’m at a loss with pain relief right now… nothing is working. 
    I don’t know what else to do, I’m in so much pain 

• Hello! So get your post - I am nearly at the end day 26 today (2 to go) and just want to hide!

Flamigel and a barrier cream both hurt so much on my skin from front to back and inside - Pee is like molten lava heat that makes me shout - a jug of water near the loo is helping a little - but the shakes with the pain can be tricky!

What we all must remember is the shock when we found out what we have, how lucky we are to have a medical service NHS and this will end at some point - we really won’t be in this much pain for long  x 

We will not let cancer break us and to end this on a smile after Monday this week I had an upsetting morning I laid on the bed in the treatment room crying and saying sorry to the team - when they left at the second rotation the song “ring of fire” came on - well it was so funny we all cried with joy at how funny it was x 

Be strong - allow yourself to scream and cry when you need to and remember thus will literally save your life x 

Much love Angie x 

• Joy That made me laugh… I feel your pain with the “ring of fire”

There’s been many times now where I’ve broken down in the treatment rooms because the staff are so nice and it’s a safe space to just let go. 

it really is too much to bare, I am in absolute agony and it’s happening every 5 mins, little drops of urine out and the burn is unbelievable. I can’t even leave the house most of the time. Nighttime is the worst! 

The rest of it I can deal with, like moving my bowels is very uncomfortable but the pain is nothing compared to the burning I’m having. I’m on my knees most of the time begging my fiancé to help me SobSob bless him.

You’re right though, we can’t let it beat us and all this doing it’s job to keep us alive and fight this: 

I hope you’re ok too xx

• Make sure that you haven't got a urine infection - can be quite common during treatment.  And liberal use of tepid water in your Sitz bath whilst you go to the loo x

• Thank you, no they did two urine tests and no infection present. I wish it was then at least I could have antibiotics Joy