Treatment - Week 2 complete

• 12 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Well that flew past Grinning

My sickness had gone so I definitely put it down to the mytomycin IV on day 1 . I barely ate for a week and lost 1.5lb at my weekly hospital weigh in , was hoping for atleast 6 lb

feeling very tired so listening to my body and sleeping alot, 

As my appetite has reappeared Im slowly eating more and had a pizza Friday for tea , well not a good choice as then spent Saturday morning on the loo so I will not be having pizza again in The near future 

everything down below is feeling ok , but I know Im heading towards the danger weeks so have all the equipment at hand. I have so many floaty dreeses I could sink a ship its quite a nice change as Im normally leggings or jeans person 

Hope everyone has a good weekend 

Emma x

• Well done Emz .. you are prepared for the weeks ahead , which will fly by .. I’m nearly 6 weeks post treatment , bum still sore , but energy levels improving by the day .. set yourself a daily challenge but accept good days , not so good … my next big challenge is to get to France in 3 weeks to reunite with my grandchildren !!! The thought of travelling from midlands to Heathrow , then security , then flight scares me but haven’t bought my ticket yet , so don’t hold your breath 

good luck 

Chrissie xx

• Hi Emma, 

It’s lovely to get an update from you, I’m so pleased that you are managing the treatment a lot better now. I now have 11 sessions left, it really does go quickly. Unfortunately my platelet count has been low so I’m having to stop my capacitabine tablets, hopefully this won’t be for too long. My undercarriage is sore and very red but it has not started to breakdown yet which is a positive, I am sleeping lots too.

i hope you’re managing to enjoy the nice weather today and that all goes well for you next week.

Take good care of yourself, Adele. Xxx

• Hi Emma, well done for getting through week 2, so glad the sickness has improved!

My mum seems to be on a similar treatment path as she has just completed week 2 also. She has been in a lot of pain due to constant diarrhea which has been burning her so we have limited food to very plain which has helped. Not sure if becoming lactose intolerant is a common side effect to treatment but she now cannot have cheese (i cooked her a macaroni cheese that did not go down well), i wonder if this was the same with your pizza?

We have just done a chair yoga video to try and keep her strength up as she is losing weight too, which i strongly recommend - i found a video on YouTube - my mum was super active before but is struggling with energy (prob cause of the diet).

Lovely to hear from you to share progress, it is so nice to have people to share things with on this journey. Xx

• I really hope you get to see you grandchildren, I am hoping to get away for a week but will see how I feel it maybe a few nights away in a hotel x 

• Im learning to take care of number 1 , the housework is lapsing slightly but they are trying their best . 

Ive been out on my new garden chairs which was lovely ( under a large parasol) Im definitely learning to appreciate all the small things in life 

hoping your 11 days fly past with no major issues x have they indicated what will happen regarding the tablets will you keep taking the 28 days worth even when radiotherapy has finished ? 

• Yes I will definitely be staying away from the cheese , I had severe diarrhoea for an hour which is strange as Im normally constipated. It left me feeling dreadful for the rest of the day

I will have a look at chair yoga as I feel like my activity level is 0 apart from attending treatment everyday. 

Today is a good day , which is making me smile , everyone is at work so its just me and the dog enjoying the olympics x

• Hi Emma - you will find out what you can eat easily as time goes on x I am my last 5 days from tomorrow R/Ch treatment and have been eating very little but soft pasta seems to be doable x morning toast and little snacks during the day - seems to tie in with the 4 hourly or similar timing for meds! (No weight loss as sleeping lots too) 

A good tip was to keep a book - page a day for times taking meds / how I feel and food etc - everything is on alarms from when I get up four hourly.  I forget so much at the moment it’s been really helpful.

sending good wishes for your coming week x 

Angie x 

1. Get some anti chafing nickers they were  a godsend from m& s xx
  • Also j used to gkfor a walk everyday for 30 mknsit did lift the spirits and I lived on fish pie which  I can't eat know I also got a blow Uo seat cushion from the district nurse when k finished treatment.ent as j couldn't sit down for 3 weeks  but after 3 weeks things did start to improve xx

• Hello Emma

I am really pleased to hear you aren't suffering from nausea any more, that must be a huge relief.  Some of us ate healthily during treatment, but I just ate whatever took my fancy, in the later days my husband made my cheese on toast with onion and mustard, it was the only thing that I fancied, every single day...

Floaty dresses will be marvellous, without knickers so much the better!

Irene xx