One week in…

• 7 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi All

Haven't been on here for a while.

I started my treatment on Mon 19th June so am on day 6 of treatment.

I’m on 4 chemo pills morning and night (3 big and 1 small). Plus antibiotics for the whole 6 weeks (1 in morning, 1 at night).

So far no side effects, just the usual tiredness but I have had that for a while due to the morphine I’m on.

Expecting to get some slight soreness by the end of this week or beginning of next….but so far so good.

• Thanks for checking in! I've been wondering how you're getting on. May the smoothness continue!

Hugs

Suz

• Hello Cl4r3

It's good to hear you are coping well and not having too many difficulties.  I have great difficulty swallowing even the smallest tablet and I was amazed that I managed to get through the whole course of those huge tablets without retching, it really must have been mind over matter!

Just tick off those days!

Irene xx

• Hi  ,

Thats great to hear you’re starting week 2 & having minimal side effects I had very little reaction to the chemo side of the treatment other than the fatigue which I suspect was a combination of both treatments together. I hope this continues for you. Thanks for the update. 

Nicola 

• Thanks everyone.

Just got home from my 7th radio treatment. I’m having mine as late as possible as still working (from home) so most appointments are 4:45. Hardest but so far is getting my bladder full enough, but the nurses have been great.

Will keep you posted on how it goes and when the horrible bits kick in. Hope everyone’s well x

• Hi Cl4r3

Great to hear from you and sounds like you are coping well so far. I found it hard to swallow the tablets especially the big ones they used to make me gip! I also took antibiotics for the full treatment like you luckily no side effects from either.

You'll enjoy your weekends off and your second week will be soon over. Glad you are working from home. Let us know how you get on we're all thinking of you

Carole xxBlush

• Hi Carole.

Did you not have any side effects at all? From the radio or chemo? 

• I wish! I meant I had no side effects from the chemo and antibiotic tablets! Yes I had side effects with radiotherapy from about week 5 like everyone else but don't think that far ahead yet! Best wishes

Carole x