Rare, but possible?

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hello everyone,

So I am freaking out, alot. My scans show a growing mass in my right gluteal muscle.

I finished chemoradiation treatment for a stage 3 anal cancer in February 2022. Since last december I have signs of radiation proctotis which was confirmed yesterday. They have prescribed two months of medicated daily enemas to stop the bleeding.

But I am freaking out about the mass.

I am waiting for my petscan apt. and searching online and they are very rare cases, but there seem to be cases of Squamous Cell Carcinoma spreading to muscle tissue.

Has any heard or had this happen to them?

Thanks! It wonfreak me out more, I feel better with the most information possible!  

• Hi  ,

I’m so, so sorry that you’re have all of this worry going on right now it must seem never ending for you!!

I can’t recall anyone posting with the same issue since I’ve been on here but that’s not to say they’re not out there as not everyone makes themselves visible here, some just get the support they need by reading others posts. 

I really hope that your scan appointment comes through really soon & that it’s something completely benign & not what you’re thinking it may be. 

Nicola 

• Hello B00mz

No wonder you are freaking out, what a worry for you.  I am so sorry to hear you have this hanging over your head.  Like Nicola I haven't heard of this but there may be some others on here who can help.

I do hope that your PET scan happens quickly and that this issue that has been picked up is harmless.  I am thinking of you, please let us know how you get on.

Irene xx

• No useful help from me, BOOmz, but I'm holding you in my heart. I hope they get a move on and get the damn PET scan soon!

Keep us posted.

Hugs

Suz