Anal cancer

• 4 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi.  I am in remission having had chemoradiation for Anal Cancer in June. However, I now have the terrible itching again and a sort of ulcer in my rectum. Is this cancer again, in anybody's experience? The itching is just as it was pre-treatment. Can anybody help? x

• Hi Ladys smock welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear how worried that you are.

I think we both know that this needs checked out by a medical person and that means either contacting the hospital team that saw you originally or seeing your GP for an examination. Sooner rather then later so please do make contact with a medical person to get checked out and hopefully put your mind at rest.

Sending best wishes your way. xx

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Ladys smock, I agree with Granny59 to get back in touch with your treating team and tell them your concerns. You should have a number you used when you were having the treatment. It may be nothing as many have itching symptoms on and off especially when that area can be easily irritated. Let us know how you get on when you have spoken to them.

• Oof, how discouraging that must be! No clue what it is- call right now and get it checked out! If nothing else, they should be able to give you something for itching. Isn't that just the worst? 

Sure hope you get relief soon.

Suz

• Hi ,

I‘m really sorry that you’re suffering these symptoms at the minute, it could be anything but I agree with what’s been said already, the only true way to put your mind at rest is to give your treating team a call & get checked out medically. 

Nicola