New and scared

• 2 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hello,

Well this is so confusing, in July I found out that I had pre cancer on my bum and they sent me for surgery to do mapping biospys of my anal and vulva area, they found some cancer only small in one area and removed while I was asleep, and my vulva area is ain 3... I've had ct scans and colonoscopy that have come back clear, now there talking about every 3 to 6 months managing the cancer area and pre cancer areas with mapping biopsys that's my front and back I have 2 wonderful surgeons but they keep telling me that it's rare for my age and there concern is this is going to be a long long journey and that I have to stay positive. Has anyone else been through similar x I'm 38 thank you x 

• Hi ,

Firstly welcome to the Macmillan online community although I’m really sorry that you’ve had to find us. 

I’ve had a quick search through the group, there’s one or two more recent posts but many of the posts regarding AIN3 are quite old & it looks as though a couple of the members are no longer part of the online community, this doesn’t mean there not someone out there that will see your post & reply as not everyone feels the need to post here some get all the support they need from reading others posts & reply’s. 

Waiting is always difficult & during these times your mind automatically goes to worst case scenario doesn’t it? I hope that someone sees your post that can offer you some reassurance but we’re here to support you when you need us. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. 

Nicola 

• I think it is likely that most people with anal cancer started with Ain 3 somewhere down below, but the really good news for you is that they have found it at this very early stage and are going to keep a very close eye on you.  I realise that may not be much comfort to you at the moment and I am hoping someone with experience of this can come along and reassure you. 

Really sorry I can't help more.

Irene x