Treatment

• 11 replies
  • 35 subscribers

First day of treatment done today , bloods , chemotherapy and radiotherapy 

geel ok just tired been a long day 

• Excellent  that’s day 1 under your belt & yes it’s a long day that first one, tomorrow will be a bit more straight forward for you & the weeks will fly by once you’re in a routine. 

Nicola 

• Was very nervous as didn’t know what to expect but I will be ok now I know x 

• I agree , it really is the unknown that is the scary part, now you know what the treatment involves you’ll soon start to relax a little. Good luck for tomorrow, it’ll all be done before you know it. 

Nicola 

• Hi Poobear, well done getting through the first day. I remember my first experience very well of the day I went for my tattoos and was treated so coldly by the staff that I came home in tears. What had happened made me think this was how it was going to be for the oncoming weeks and I explained to my Macmillan nurse exactly what went on and she was disgusted and advised me to put in a complaint. Thank goodness this part of the team were not involved with the rest of my time there and the others I just couldn’t fault. Your first time is so personal and you don’t know what to expect and just go along with what you are told. I came home that day thinking the nurses deal with us every day and sometimes you can get some staff just see you as just another person to tick off. If you are unsure of anything, always ask your team nurse any questions. Mine were what got me through and those on here too. Take care, Julie

• Thank you, the team looking after me were lovely and explained everything they were doing xx

• That’s great  how are you feeling? 
    Nicola

• I’m feeling ok , tired but no side effects as such , also been given some Instagel and it’s helping a lot with the pain from my clothes rubbing , mixing with moisturiser so it doesn’t sting xx

• That’s good to hear  that you’re feeling ok. It sounds as though you have a great team around you that’s going to provide you with all you need in the way of lotions & potions. Lots of the ladies here have gone to wearing mens soft, loose fitting boxer shorts to avoid the rubbing where knicker elastic usually sits in the groin & with the warmer weather you’ll be able to wear some cool loose fitting clothing during your treatment. Enjoy your weekend off & good luck with week 2. 

Nicola

• Thanks , I’m a bit nervous about wearing anything other than pants but have a couple of pairs of harem style pants so will wear them x