How’s everyone who started in Feb getting on?

• 29 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi! I’m just about to start my last week tomorrow whoop whoop! Suffering from soreness down there now but apart from that doing ok I think! Just wondering how everyone else was getting on? I hope everyone’s doing ok xx 

• What treatment are you undergoing Alaskita,please.? I'm due to start Radiotherapy next week,and am very apprehensive about it..I,m so pleased you're treatment is going so well. It's lovely to hear.x

• Hi Belzy, I’m on the 6 week treatment that I believe is the standard treatment for our type of cancer. I had a mytomycin chemo infusion on day 1 and day 28, capecitabine chemo tablets and  30 sessions of radiotherapy. The radiotherapy is fine it’s just at the end in my case that I’m experiencing soreness both back and front , but your team are there to help with prescribing the right lotions and potions. I really hope all goes well for you. Keep in touch xx

• Is that you finished your treatment now? How are you feeling.?

• Hi! I’ve just got one session of radiotherapy on Monday! Overall I’m not too bad really, I’m not on any pain relief and haven’t been for about 2 weeks now, however I’m really sore down there Disappointed so if it goes on I might start with the quick release morphine again. My radiation oncologist said not to hesitate to get in touch if after I’ve finished treatment the creams I’m using at the moment aren’t working anymore as there’s something else they can use once the radiotherapy’s finished so at least I know there’s more help if need be. I think my sitz bath has been a godsend! So grateful to this site for the little tips that have been passed along ! How are you doing Watto78 ? Hope you’re ok xx

• Hi Alaskita I'm so pleased your treatment is going so well.My treatment starts this Wednesday 16th.March and it's a 28 day course of Radiotherapy only.Am not looking forward to it, but it has to be.
  • Hi, I’m half way through now and suffering with itching burning and sudden urges to go to the toilet but other than that ok. So glad you’re doing ok and you’re coming to the end of treatment! I’m considering starting on the oramorph again, have you had any through the treatment? Xx

• Wishing you well for Wednesday! It’s fine just pay attention to your skin and make sure you tell your team if you’ve got any issues . The time really flies by no sooner are you starting then you’re preparing for your last session! That’s me tonight! I get to ring the bell lol! Take care lots of love and best wishes xx

• Hi BecU86! Yes I used the morphine patches for about 3 weeks during the start of treatment as I had major issues with pain whilst on the rads table, due to the position of the tumour. I also used quick release morphine tablets that you put under your tongue, I’ve just started using these again as I’m so sore back and front now, have to admit I’m not looking forward to the next two weeks as they’re  supposed to be the worst aren’t they Grimacing. Hope you carry on doing ok, I think it’s just a matter of taking each day at a time isn’t it! Take care lots of love xx

• Thank you Alaskita,that's very encouraging. So pleased you are at the end of your treatment.

Did you have much burning and soreness.? MY oncologist told me to buy Big

knickers or Mens shorts ,Do I really need those? and how do I look after my skin,other than Moisturise it.Sorry for all the questions but I'm getting nervous as my treatment date draws closer..(Wednesday) All the best Alaskita.love Belzi.

• Does the oramorph help with the burning pain? I'm not doing to bad, can sit better without any pressure and can see my lymph node is going down. X