Pre assessment!

• 5 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has had a post treatment endoscopy with biopsies? I had an endoscopy before diagnosis and biopsies were taken without a pre assessment but I've just had a phone call from the hospital making a date for the before said!!! Does that mean I'll be in a theater under anesthetic? Xxx Marie 

• Endoscopy or anoscope? I think it’ll probably be similar to an EUA, therefore under anaesthetic. I had one in December. xx 

• Hey Marie (),

I would also expect this to be done under anaesthetic, I would think as a day case. Quite a few people here have had EUA’s with biopsies post treatment as scar tissue can be misleading on scans & DRE’s. 

Nicola 

• Oh God...what should I expect? Sorry to sound like a wuss but....xxx 

• I was majorly stressed about it, but it was fine. They give you the anaesthetic and before you know it, you’re in recovery. You may wake up and find they haven’t bothered to biopsy because they can see it looks like scar tissue - which is what happened to me. Alternatively,  they’ll take a biopsy and you might be a little sore when you wake up, with gauze where they took the biopsy. You’ll be home same day. I raced out of there as fast as I could, but they will look after you xxx

• I agree with  Marie, you’ll be well looked after I’m sure, like a lot of things what you’re imagining will be way worse than the reality. My pre-diagnosis biopsy was a little stingy for a couple of days but fine after that . 

Nicola