Treatment starting 23rd Feb

• 3 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi All,

Got a call yesterday for my treatment. Going on the 10th for planning scans and treatment starts the 23rd. What positions were you in for the actual scans and treatment. I have cancer to the anus, vagina and lymph nodes. 

• Hi 

Thats good news that you have a start date for your treatment. Due to positioning we’ve had a couple of members whose tumours have broken through the vaginal wall, I’m not sure if this is the case with you with you saying your cancer affects the anus & vagina.

Positioning for treatment has evolved somewhat in recent years. All of my scans & treatments have been delivered with me laying on my back. Planning scans were very much the same as diagnostic ones if I remember correctly. The radiotherapy machine that delivered my treatment just moved around me while I lay still on the bed, unlike with an MRI scan I was totally free of the machinery. Your affected lymph nodes should be mapped into your treatment at you planning scans so they’ll receive a blast of radiotherapy as well as your tumour. I hope this helps a little. 

Nicola

• Hi, yes that helps. My vagina one is separate rather then it spreading through the wall. 

• Ah ok  I’m presuming they’ll be targeting the vaginal tumour within your treatment plan also? 

Nicola