Bleeding after 5 years

• 2 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hi all,

I had treatment for Anal Cancer in 2016.  Been in remission since June last year.  I was 43 in 2016, so would be considered early menopause.

I have randomly started bleeding, like a light period.  This has been going on for a week.

Yes, I have contacted my doctor, I have a telephone appointment on Monday.  Just wondered if anybody else had experienced similar after all this time.

• Hi I have noticed that there have been no replies to this post and just wanted to acknowledge it. Unfortunately, I cannot recall anyone else mentioning this in the group but my reply should 'bump' this post to the top of the posts, so hopefully someone who has experienced a similar issue may see this and reply. You're obviously doing the right thing in getting it checked out. Hope all goes well on Monday.  Bev 

• Yes it has happened to me.  The bleeding stopped, now started again.  My tumour has grown back for 3rd time.  Get it checked out for sure.  It's awful when you think you have got your life back.  I hope it hasn't come back.  Big hugs.XXX