Polymem

• 2 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hello all and thank you for your always uplifting and generous answers to our questions. It may sound a little bit crazy, but when I’m feeling sorry for myself I come to this site and always find some encouragement.

Tomorrow will be my last of 28 days of chemo-radiotherapy and the oncologist has given me Polymem dressings, as well as aloe vera gel and flaminel to help ease the sore areas. Does anyone have any tips on using the polymem dressings? Are you meant to ‘pleat’ it up into your bottom and vagina or just leave it in your knickers?

• Hi RosaN, I have used Polymem and it helped considerably on the most sensitive areas. I was advised to lightly moisten the Polymem with water. Just a light touch of a slightly wet hand and then place between the vagina, bum cheeks and groin area (knicker elastic area). It's a bit of an odd feeling having something wedged there but it helps ease the pain and heal the skin. I was told NOT to use any creams with the polymem. I would use my creams when I wasn't using the Polymem. The best time to use it is after a bath when the area is totally clean. I hope this helps. And great news that you're through your treatment xxx Marie 

• Thanks so much Marie! X Rosanna