First week out of treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 33 subscribers

I'm a week after treatment and the doctor said it will probably get worse over the next week or so then start to heal. I'm burnt to a cinder, bleeding, swollen front and back and going to pass water is horrendous and I'm so weak. The main issue is this gunk. It's thick and there's just loads of it front to back. Does anyone know about how long it will take before I start to see signs of improvement.

Also I've phoned my local doctor for repeat prescription on flamazine, lidocaine and the pain killer medicine. Administrator said they havnt received any emails or anything from Western park so phone back in a couple of days. I'm dreading going into the weekend without medication, but don't know what to do

Thankyou

• Hi Dawnbram, you've managed to cope with the diagnosis, the treatment and now it's the post treatments turn

Firstly the gunk.... I actually thought I'd been possessed by the green blob from Ghostbusters! Messy, disgusting pus like stuff. I was so raw post treatment that I lived in my nightie and dressing gown whilst going 'commando' which meant changing my nightie many times a day. It lasted about 3 weeks in total gradually getting less and less after about week 2. Apparently it is a very normal part of the healing process (I rang my nurse).  The agonising pain of sore bum and girly bits I suffered very badly. Going commando (knickerless) creaming profusely as many times as you remember, especially, before and after going to the loo. Weeing in a portable bidet which looks like a toddler's training potty which you fill with cool water, place onto the seat of the toilet and sit in the water while you wee

Sounds like a pallava but my goodness it's one of the best pieces of advice I have received by the ladies on our group. Use water wipes not toilet paper to dab yourself after a wee and bm as toilet paper may as well be sandpaper on those very sensitive areas. 

Pain relief is essential, you will or should have been given; Flamazine for your skin, Laxido for constipation and keeping your stools soft making bowel movement more comfortable and aiding healing, and as for painkillers I had Oramorph, paracetamol and ibuprofen. I'm almost certain that if you call your Drs surgery and explain your situation a prescription could be forwarded to your chemist and then delivered or someone collect if possible. No one should be left in pain, stand your ground and insist on speaking to someone other than a receptionist. Everyone heals at slightly different stages and have different levels of the side effects but honestly in this group we have all been where you are now. I hope that this has helped you at least a little. It does get better honestly and just ask and post if you need help and advice or just a vent. There are some very helpful, knowledgeable people on here that have been my rock. Xxx Marie 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Mecca

Thankyou so much. I've contacted my radiology nurse at the hospital and she's sorting my medication out. Thankyou everybody your all amazing