Hospice holiday...

• 12 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Feels like I’ve won the lottery - a few days or so in a London hospice, been here since 2pm today.

If you thought hospices are only about caring for those in god’s waiting room, you’re missing the more important bit of their role - pain control especially.  So after a long assessment with the doctor I’ve been started on Oxynorm & we’ll play with dosages & drugs until I’m out of pain.

The only downside here is the 48 hour isolation period due to Covid.  Poor me - stuck in this posh room with big windows, trees & a bird feeder to point my binoculars at, room service (I can get a snack at 3am)... no cooking or housework or exercise, just rest rest rest - this is blissBlush

Don’t be shy to ask your GP for referrals to palliative care teams, they’re practically miracle workers.  Toni

•  Hi sweetie, isn’t it amazing how much the digestive system hates being radioactive!  Wish I could remember who it was in this group who said “it’s the gift that keeps on giving”Joy  You maybe?  It does improve, slowly, & hopefully one day we’ll all be able to go out normally...

I had a hair appointment at the hospice but had to cancel when she arrived because... well, you already guessedJoy

It’ll be interesting to see what the dietician says, especially if it’s someone with a lot of experience of people who’ve had pelvic radiotherapy.

Good luck with your scissor-happy daughter!  xxx  toni