Holidays with AML , any personal experience, would be good to plan a short break in the new year

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers
  • Hi again  a definite maybe. I don’t have AML but a blood cancer is a blood cancer.

As long as your clinical team say you are fit then yes…….. but.

Getting affordable Travel Insurance can be a challenge and at times the price could be higher than the cost of the holiday.

Comparison sites tend to use the same algorithms so getting a clear price can be difficult and it’s not that unusual to be turned down or told to call the insurers.

It’s actually more effective to call a few insurers directly as this means that you have answered all the questions correctly and in doing this a suitable policy can be offered and price given.

Full disclosure is always advisable as in the event of you developing any issues this can reduce the risk of an insurance companies wriggling out from paying out.

It’s important that your clinical team say you are fit to travel and get them to record this on your medical records…… and some insurance companies may ask for a letter from your Consultant confirming this.

You may well need a letter from your Consultant or GP detailing what medication you will be taking with you and it is also advisable to have a copy of your repeat prescription paperwork as well.

I am open to infection even although I am many years out from treatments so I always travel with a general antibiotic that is proscribed by my GP.

Happy holiday hunting Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge