Acute lymphoblastic leukemia

• 9 replies
  • 8 subscribers
  1. My 19 year old son has just been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Lukemia. I can't understand what's happening right now.He needs to be transported to the London University College London hospitalCryy Ambulance from this hospital. He has had 3 blood transfusions..anyone going through similar experience..totally devastated Cry 
  • Hi again  so sorry to hear about your son having to go to University College London Hospital…… it looks like there are not a lot of people looking into the group at the moment - let’s hope someone with experience will pick up in your post.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi. I’m so sorry your son has been diagnosed with ALL. I was diagnosed with ALL in 2020, age 50. I was told i’m young, healthy and its treatable. Its complete devastation but myself and my family all stayed positive. I was told within days of diagnosis that i was to pack a suitcase to go straight to Kings Hospital for a month, for immediate chemo.things were going on in my body that i couldn't see , so i trusted the doctors and told them if there were any changes that i thought were happening so they could deal with them. I just took each day as it came and dealt with whatever was happening on the day. 

• Hi samm

Are you better now.his chemo starts today.im really scared although doctors here are all positive x

• i went back to work in jan 2023. I’m all good. I still have checks every 3mths and will be kept an eye on for about another 5yrs possibly. (Which is good readsurance)I rarely felt ill, even throughout the treatment because its all internal. I tried to keep myself busy -  if i felt energetic i would dance & exercise in the hospital room. If i was tired i would stay in bed all day.

How’s he feeling from the chemo yesterday? The chemo was painless and your son is strong. He just has to get used to needles. Just remember that each treatment your son has, is getting rid of the leukaemia, so he’s moving on. X

• Thank you so much Samm.They actually started it today.he has been asleep since.. I love that dance and exercise in the hospital room.im slowly absorbing things..this is all very hard to take in.glad your on the road to recovery ..big hug Levante x

• Hi samm di my reply work?

Levanre x

• Hi  there is a little glitch on the community at the moment…. when you put up a reply it does not automatically appear…. very frustrating…. but if you hit the refresh icon the post will appear.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge