Newly diagnosed with ALL.B

• 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi everyone!

I’m a 71 year old female in what she thought was
exceptionally good health … obviously not! FlushedThe bombshell dropped last week and am waiting to start treatment, keen to get started! Feeling positive at mo but expect that will change soon so will be on here looking for positive inspirationBlush Look forward to reading your stories as it’s always a help to chat to people in the same boat!

bye for now, Jaguar xx

• Hi 

Welcome to the ALL forum although of course sorry that you find yourself here. It is always a shock when you get a diagnosis especially with leukaemia. I still hear myself saying that sort from having leukaemia I am in good health! 

I was diagnosed in 2012 with T cell ALL aged 42 but have gone on to lead a life very much the same before I was diagnosed. I ended up having a stem cell transplant as my ALL was classed as high risk. 

You can read my story here on my profile https://community.macmillan.org.uk/members/paul1969

When is your treatment due to start? Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. 

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• Wow Paul, what an inspiration you are! Just what I needed! I was only diagnosed a week ago so at the beginning of my journey! I start chemo proper on Monday! I am so pleased for you that you have been virtually cured now as you are so young still! I am older (a young 71 lady who is very active and tries to lead a healthy lifestyle) so I am hoping for long term remission! I’ve realised there is masses of support out there and you are the start … so Thankyou for your message to me, I will always remember you were the first! 

• You come accross as very positive and I felt that was the biggest battle. I felt if I could stay positive and just get through one day at a time it would all be OK  in the end!

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.