Chronic graft versus host issues

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

Hi,

This is the first time in posting in any kind of cancer forum but here goes.

in March 2013 I was diagnosed with ALL, I was 25 and now 10 years later I am still experiencing the after effects of the treatments I went through.

The main complications I now face on a day to day basis revolve around GVHD. Mainly effecting my eyes and lungs. I find it completely debilitating and find myself having more bad days than good days lately.

Anyone out there experiencing or going through anything similar? Would love to hear about any things you do to help? 

Much Love 

A

• Hi   and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have ALL but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade NHL eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well…… especially as I have had 2 Allo (donor) Stem Cell Transplants.

Like many in our dedicated Stem cell transplant support group I had to deal with various levels of GvHD…. as well as post SCT ‘left over’ medical problems….. (see my story below)

Why not join and post in the SCT group and connect in with the folks.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge