FLAG-IDA

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of FLAG IDA?

I am due to have it soon and was wondering about side effects, how long it takes for neutrophils to return and how long people sent in hospital?

Thanks in advance!!!!

• Hi

I hope your treatment is going as well as it can. I didn't have the FLAG IDA as my treatment was back in 2012-13 and I was on the UK ALL 14 trial. 

I did have my immune system knocked down to zero during phase 1 and phase 2 of my treatment  (and pre SCT). Phase 1 I was out of hospital on about day 29 and phase 2 I left at day 37 (although my neutrophils were still too low to be officially sent home but I discharged myself and when I returned 3 days later for bloods they were back above minimum levels). 

As I said it was a different cocktail of drugs though. May be worth posting the same question in the stem cell transplant forum which you can access HERE and then you can copy and paste your post above.

Sorry I couldn't offer any more information for you.

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• Thanks for your response and advice Relieved I'll post it on there too. 

I too was treated with UKALL14 which I responded to well at first but got to the end of consolidation and my MRD came back positive with 0.1% of my bone marrow cancer!!! Was the transferred to immunotherapy blinatumomab which cleared my bone marrow but a few cells have spread outside of the bone marrow so I'm having FLAGIDA as a last hammer blow hopefully before getting a transplant. 

Thanks for your help!

Diagnosed July 2020 with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia

Started UKALL14 0.1% refractory disease noted after consolidation on MRD

Started Blinatumomab August 2021and achieved MRD negative

Disease escaped bone marrow and went to breast

Due to have FLAG-IDA then onto stem cell transplant

Nbk112